Friday, March 4, 2011

Cucina Alessa in Laguna Beach

 I am pretty spoiled when it comes to Italian food. It is one of the perks of marrying into a family of Italian descent. It does however make me a complete snob when it comes to eating Italian food at a restaurant… I have very high standards since what I get at home is so good. One place that does not disappoint is Cucina Alessa in Laguna Beach. My absolute favorite is Pappardelle Al Sugo D’Agnello which is fresh made wide pasta with lamb brasato and ricotta salata. I swear I get light headed when I eat it – it is THAT good. OK, to be honest, I have only ever ordered this dish but I have tasted my husband’s selections and they were equally as yummy. This place does get crowded especially in the evening (and the service can get a little dicey when they are packed) but the food is well worth the wait. Nice wine selection too. Try a weeknight when the weather is nice and sit outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment